Welcome to our blog post dedicated to providing you with the essential information you need to set up your Dynex DVD Player with a GE Universal Remote.
- List of GE universal remote codes for Dynex DVD Player
- How do I Program my GE universal Remote Control with a Dynex DVD player?
- How to Program a GE Universal Remote with a Dynex DVD player using Codes?
- How to Program a General Electric Universal Remote with a Dynex DVD player without Codes?
- How do I find the code for my DVD player?
- Why is my GE universal remote not working with my DVD player?
If you’re the proud owner of both a Dynex DVD player and a GE Universal Remote, you’re in the right place.
In this post, we’ve compiled a comprehensive list of GE remote codes and provided an easy step by step setup guide, ensuring you have all the necessary tools to make your setup as seamless as possible.
Get ready to enhance your home theater experience and reclaim control over your entertainment system with our simple yet effective setup guide.
List of GE universal remote codes for Dynex DVD Player
4 digit CL6 codes
- 2255, 4235, 2455
4 digit CL5 codes
- 2255, 4235, 2455
4 digit CL4 codes
- 2255, 4235, 2455
4 digit CL3 codes
- 2255, 4235, 2455
4 digit V5/V4/V3/V2/V1 codes
- 2255, 4235, 2455
How do I Program my GE universal Remote Control with a Dynex DVD player?
There are two ways to program a GE universal remote control to operate with a DVD player.
- Using the Direct Code Entry technique, you can also program a GE universal remote control to function with a DVD player. This is the best option if you know the codes for your DVD player.
- The Auto Code Search function on a GE universal remote control can be used to program it to operate with a DVD player without using codes: This is the best choice if you don’t know or can’t locate the codes for your DVD player.
How to Program a GE Universal Remote with a Dynex DVD player using Codes?
Your GE universal remote control contains thousands of device codes for the latest audio and video equipment.
So you would need to locate the code listed for your specific device that came with your remote control. We’ve listed all the GE universal remote control codes for Dynex DVD players above.
Programming a GE Universal Remote with a Dynex DVD player using codes – Direct Code Entry Method
The “Direct Code Entry” technique is useful for those who are familiar with their DVD player’s codes and want to program it to work with a GE universal remote control. The detailed instructions for this method are presented below.
- Step 1: Find the code list (CL3, CL4, CL5 or CL6) for the specific device that you want to program your universal remote control with.
- Step 2: Manually switch on the device you wish to control and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 3: Press and hold down the “Setup Button” until the red light on the remote control turns on and remains on.
- Step 4: Once the red LED is on, release the “Setup Button”.
- Step 5: The GE universal remote can control six types of devices: TV, CBL, Blue Ray, Aux, Aud, and Strm. It has buttons to program each one of them.
- Step 6: In this tutorial, we are going to program a DVD player. So press the Blue-Ray button.
- Step 7: After pressing the device button, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 8: Next, use the number buttons on the remote to enter the first four digit remote control codes for your device.
- Step 9: Test the device to see if the GE remote is fully functional and that the device responds properly.
- Step 10: If the remote’s buttons don’t operate the device, return to “Step 3” above and try again using the next code for that device.
If the Direct Code Entry method doesn’t work while programming your GE universal remote with your DVD player, then you should try the Auto Code Search feature described below.
How to Program a General Electric Universal Remote with a Dynex DVD player without Codes?
Programming a GE Universal Remote without codes using the Auto Code Search feature
For those who don’t know the codes of their DVD player and want to program a GE universal remote control with it, they can use the “Auto Code Search” method. The step-by-step instructions for this method are presented below.
- Step 1: Manually switch on the device you wish to control and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 2: Press and hold the Setup Button until the red indicator light turns on.
- Step 3: Once the red indicator light turns on, release the Setup Button.
- Step 4: To program a DVD player, Press and release the Blu-Ray player button. The GE universal remote can control six types of devices: TV, CBL, Blu Ray, Aux, Aud, and Strm. If you wish to do Auto Code Search for another device, press and release the appropriate button.
- Step 5: After pressing the button for the device you wish to control, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 6: Point your remote at the device, then press and release the power button to start the code search.
- Step 7: The red indicator light will start flashing while it searches.
- Step 8: If a compatible code is found, your device will turn off and the red indicator light on the GE remote control will stop flashing and remain on.
- Step 9: If the red LED indicator stops flashing without your DVD player turning off, simply repeat the process again from “Step 4” above.
- Step 10: Once your device turns off, manually turn it back on.
- Step 11: Point your General Electric universal remote at the device again and press and release the Volume Up Button.
- Step 12: After pressing the “Volume Up Button”, the red indicator light will blink once and remain on.
- Step 13: At this stage, if a compatible code is found, your device should turn off again.
- Step 14: If the device doesn’t turn off after pressing the “Volume Up Button”, simply continue to press and release the volume up button.
- Step 15: Once your device turns off, that means your remote now has the compatible code.
- Step 16: To store this code in your remote, simply press the same device button which you pressed in “Step 4” above. In this example, we will press the Blu-Ray player button since we are programming the remote control with a Dynex DVD player.
- Step 17: Now turn on your device using the GE remote and test all its buttons to make sure your remote is fully functional with this device.
- Step 18: If the GE remote is not fully functional with your device, simply return to “Step 2” to repeat the process and find a better code.
For more information about your GE universal remote control codes, you may visit byjasco.com
How do I find the code for my DVD player?
You may check the list of codes listed above in this post or visit this link to check more codes if the ones here don’t work.
Why is my GE universal remote not working with my DVD player?
There are a few reasons why your GE universal remote might not be working with your DVD player.
The remote is not in the correct mode
Make sure that the remote is in the correct mode for your DVD player. To do this, press and hold the mode button on the remote until the indicator light starts to flash.
The remote is not programmed correctly
If you have programmed the remote correctly and it is still not working, try using the auto code search feature as explained above.
The remote is not compatible with your DVD player
Some GE universal remotes are not compatible with all DVD players. If you have tried all of the above and the remote is still not working, it is possible that your remote is not compatible with your DVD player.
In this case, you will need to purchase a different universal remote that is compatible with your device.
Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting your GE universal remote:
- Make sure that the batteries in the remote are fresh.
- Try pointing the remote directly at the DVD player.
- Make sure that there are no obstacles between the remote and the DVD player.
- Try moving the remote closer to the DVD player.
- Try changing the batteries in the remote.
- Try programming the remote again.
- If you are still having trouble, contact the GE customer service department for assistance.
- Occasionally, a specific code might enable some functionalities but not all. Try programming the remote control with a different code from the provided Code list. Consult the Direct Code Entry section.
- The remote control may not be capable of operating all functionalities of your device, or the button names might differ from those on your original remotes.
- Select the appropriate device on the remote control for the desired control; TV for television and CBL for the cable box.
- Attempt to program the remote control using a different code. Refer to the Direct Code Entry section
- Try resetting the remote.
Congratulations! You’ve reached the end of our comprehensive blog post on GE Universal Remote codes for Dynex DVD players.
Remember, we’ve covered two methods: the Direct Code Entry and the Auto Code Search features. If one method didn’t work for you, don’t worry; try the other one.
We’ve provided detailed instructions for both to ensure you have a hassle-free setup experience.
If you encounter any issues during the setup process, we’ve also included troubleshooting tips to help you troubleshoot and resolve common problems.
Remember to check the compatibility of your GE remote with your DVD player and ensure you’re using fresh batteries and pointing the remote directly at the device.
We hope this guide has made the setup process much easier for you. Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy the convenience and control your GE Universal Remote provides.
If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to GE customer service for support.
Disclaimer: As An Amazon Affiliate, We Earn From Qualifying Purchases