Are you struggling to find the right remote codes to control your JVC TV with a GE universal remote? Look no further!
- What are GE universal remote codes for a JVC TV?
- List of GE universal remote codes for JVC TV
- How to program a GE universal remote control with a JVC TV with codes
- What should I do if none of the GE remote codes work with my JVC TV?
- How to Program a General Electric Universal Remote with a JVC TV Without Codes
- How do I find the code for my JVC TV?
- Why is my GE universal remote not working with my JVC TV?
In this blog post, we’ll explore the world of GE universal remote codes specifically designed for JVC TVs and how to program them.
What are GE universal remote codes for a JVC TV?
GE universal remote codes for JVC TVs are a set of numeric values that can be programmed into a GE universal remote control to operate a JVC television.
These codes serve as instructions for the remote control to communicate with the JVC TV and perform various functions such as changing channels, adjusting volume, powering on/off, and accessing the menu.
Each JVC TV model has its own specific set of remote codes. The codes are typically a sequence of three or four digits that need to be entered into the universal remote control using a specific programming method.
Once the correct code is programmed, the remote control will be able to send signals to the JVC TV and control its functions.
GE provides a list of remote codes for various brands and models of TVs, including JVC. We have shared a list of all GE universal remote codes for JVC TVs below in this blog post.
List of GE universal remote codes for JVC TV
3 digit codes
- 026, 060, 197, 081, 069, 160, 247, 012, 065, 067, 141, 013, 054, 055, 089, 901
4 digit CL6 codes
- 5071, 1481, 6171, 5781, 5281, 6271, 0901, 0771, 2891, 1741, 0481, 1801, 1911
4 digit CL5 codes
- 5071, 6271, 1481, 6171, 5781, 5281, 0311, 0481, 0901, 2891, 0771, 1741, 1281, 1801, 1911
4 digit CL4 codes
- 5071, 1481, 6171, 5781, 0311, 5281, 0481, 0771, 2891, 0901, 1741, 1281, 1801, 1911
4 digit CL3 codes
- 5071, 1481, 5281, 2891, 0311, 0481, 0771, 1741, 0901, 1281, 0941, 1801, 1911, 2381, 2751, 4121, 4201
4 digit V5 codes
- 0311, 2891, 1741, 0481, 0771, 0901, 0941, 1281, 1481, 1801, 1911, 2381, 2751, 4121, 4201, 5071, 5281
4 digit V4 codes
- 5017, 5139, 5449, 5010, 5018, 5019, 5052, 5076, 5170, 5199, 5203, 5204, 5206, 5257, 5266, 5297, 5311, 5327, 5434
4 digit V3 codes
- 5281, 2891, 1741, 0311, 0481, 0771, 0901, 0941, 1281, 1481, 1801, 1911, 2381, 2751, 4121, 4201, 5071
4 digit V2 codes
- 5010, 5017, 5018, 5019, 5052, 5076, 5170, 5199, 5203, 5204, 5206, 5257, 5266, 5297, 5311, 5327, 5434, 5449
4 digit V1 codes
- 0060, 0026, 0197, 0081, 0069, 0160, 0247, 0923, 0012, 0065, 0067, 0141
How to program a GE universal remote control with a JVC TV with codes
Your GE universal remote control contains thousands of device codes for the latest audio and video equipment.
So you would need to locate the code listed for your specific device that came with your remote control. We’ve listed GE universal remote control codes for JVC TVs above in this post.
Programming a GE Universal Remote with codes using Direct Code Entry
The “Direct Code Entry” technique is useful for those who are familiar with the device’s codes and want to program a GE universal remote control with it.
Check the GE universal remote codes for your JVC TV listed above, then use these detailed instructions to program it.
- Step 1: Find the code list (CL3, CL4, CL5, or CL6) for the TV.
- Step 2: Manually switch on the TV and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 3: Press and hold down the “Setup Button” until the red light on the remote control turns on and remains on.
- Step 4: Once the red LED is on, release the “Setup Button.”
- Step 5: Press and release the TV button.
- Step 6: After pressing the TV button, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 7: Next, use the number buttons on the remote to enter the first four digit remote control codes for your device.
- Step 8: Test the device to see if the GE remote is fully functional and that the TV responds properly.
- Step 9: If the remote’s buttons don’t operate the device, return to “Step 3” above and try again using the next code for that device.
What should I do if none of the GE remote codes work with my JVC TV?
If the codes above don’t work with your JVC TV, there’s another method to program your Ge universal remote control with the TV.
It is called the Auto Code search method. Don’t worry, it’s rather simple, and we have explained the step by step process below.
How to Program a General Electric Universal Remote with a JVC TV Without Codes
For those who don’t know the universal remote codes of their JVC TV or who can’t find the right code, the “Auto Code Search” method is practical.
Below are the step-by-step instructions for programming your GE universal remote without knowing its codes.
Programming a GE Universal Remote to a JVC TV without codes using the Auto Code Search method
- Step 1: Manually switch on the TV and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 2: Press and hold the “Setup Button” until the red indicator light turns on.
- Step 3: Once the red indicator light turns on, release the “Setup Button.”
- Step 4: To program a TV, press and release the TV button.
- Step 5: After pressing the button for the device you wish to control, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 6: Point your remote at the device, then press and release the power button to start the code search.
- Step 7: The red indicator light will start flashing while it searches.
- Step 8: If a compatible code is found, your device will turn off, and the red indicator light on the GE remote control will stop flashing and remain on.
- Step 9: If the red LED indicator stops flashing without your TV turning off, simply repeat the process from “Step 4” above.
- Step 10: Once your device turns off, manually turn it back on.
- Step 11: Point your General Electric universal remote at the device again and press and release the Volume Up Button.
- Step 12: After pressing the “Volume Up Button,” the red indicator light will blink once and remain on.
- Step 13: At this stage, if a compatible code is found, your device should turn off again.
- Step 14: If the device doesn’t turn off after pressing the “Volume Up Button,” simply continue to press and release the volume up button.
- Step 15: Once your device turns off, that means your remote now has the compatible code.
- Step 16: To store this code in your remote, simply press the same device button that you pressed in “Step 4” above. In this example, we will press the TV button since we are programming the remote control with a TV.
- Step 17: Now turn on your device using the GE remote and test all its buttons to make sure your remote is fully functional with this device.
- Step 18: If the GE remote is not fully functional with your device, simply return to “Step 2” to repeat the process and find a better code.
How do I find the code for my JVC TV?
You may check the list of codes listed above in this post or visit this link to check more codes if the ones here don’t work.
Why is my GE universal remote not working with my JVC TV?
There are a few reasons why your GE universal remote might not be working with your Sceptre TV.
The remote is not in the correct mode
Make sure that the remote is in the correct mode for your TV. To do this, press and hold the mode button on the remote until the indicator light changes color. The indicator light will flash a different color for each mode.
The remote is not programmed correctly
If you have programmed the remote correctly and it is still not working, try using the auto code search feature as explained above.
The remote is not compatible with your TV
Some GE universal remotes are not compatible with all TVs. If you have tried all of the above and the remote is still not working, it is possible that your remote is not compatible with your TV.
In this case, you will need to purchase a different universal remote that is compatible with your TV.
Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting your GE universal remote:
- Make sure that the batteries in the remote are fresh.
- Try pointing the remote directly at the TV.
- Make sure that there are no obstacles between the remote and the TV.
- Try moving the remote closer to the TV.
- Try changing the batteries in the remote.
- Try programming the remote again.
- If you are still having trouble, contact the GE customer service department for assistance.
- Try resetting the remote.
In conclusion, GE universal remote codes provide a convenient way to program a GE remote control to operate a JVC TV.
These codes are specific to each JVC TV model and can be entered using the various programming methods outlined in this blog post.
If the provided codes don’t work, the auto code search method can be used as an alternative.
It’s important to ensure the remote is in the correct mode and programmed correctly. In some cases, compatibility issues may arise, requiring the purchase of a different universal remote.
By following the troubleshooting tips and reaching out to GE customer service if needed, users can optimize their experience with the GE universal remote and JVC TV.
Disclaimer: As An Amazon Affiliate, We Earn From Qualifying Purchases