If you own an Onn TV and want to simplify your TV-watching experience, a GE universal remote control could be the perfect solution.
- What are GE universal remote codes for Onn TV
- List of GE universal remote codes for Onn TV
- How to program a GE universal remote control with an Onn TV with codes
- What should I do if none of the GE remote codes work with my Onn TV?
- How to Program a General Electric Universal Remote with an Onn TV Without Codes
- How do I find the code for my Onn TV?
- Why is my GE universal remote not working with my Onn TV?
With its versatile functionality and compatibility with a wide range of devices, a GE universal remote control offers convenience and ease of use.
This blog post is a comprehensive guide to everything you need to know about using a GE universal remote control with an Onn TV.
We’ll share with you the programming codes as well as the programming guide. We’ll also answer a few commonly asked questions.
What are GE universal remote codes for Onn TV
When we talk about “GE universal remote codes for Onn TV,” we are referring to the specific numeric codes that need to be programmed into a GE universal remote control in order for it to communicate with and operate an Onn brand television.
These codes serve as a language that allows the remote control to send the correct signals to the TV, enabling functions such as power on/off, volume control, channel selection, and input switching.
List of GE universal remote codes for Onn TV
3 digit codes
- 081, 135, 020
4 digit CL6 codes
- 5961, 6431, 6171, 6551, 2891, 1741
4 digit CL5 codes
- 5961 6171 6431 2891 1741
4 digit CL4 codes
- 5961, 6171, 2891, 1741
4 digit CL3 codes
- 2891, 1741
4 digit V5, V4, V3, V2, V1 codes
- 0020, 0081, 0135, 1741, 2891, 5139, 5165, 5961, 6171, 6431, 6551
GE universal remote codes for Onn Roku TV
How to program a GE universal remote control with an Onn TV with codes
Your GE universal remote control contains thousands of device codes for the latest audio and video equipment.
So you would need to locate the code listed for your specific device that came with your remote control. We’ve listed GE universal remote control codes for Onn TVs above in this post.
Programming a GE Universal Remote with codes using Direct Code Entry
The “Direct Code Entry” technique is useful for those who are familiar with the device’s codes and want to program a GE universal remote control with it.
Check the GE universal remote codes for your Onn TV listed above, then use these detailed instructions to program it.
- Step 1: Find the code list (CL3, CL4, CL5, or CL6) for the TV.
- Step 2: Manually switch on the TV and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 3: Press and hold down the “Setup Button” until the red light on the remote control turns on and remains on.
- Step 4: Once the red LED is on, release the “Setup Button.”
- Step 5: Press and release the TV button.
- Step 6: After pressing the TV button, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 7: Next, use the number buttons on the remote to enter the first four digit remote control codes for your device.
- Step 8: Test the device to see if the GE remote is fully functional and that the TV responds properly.
- Step 9: If the remote’s buttons don’t operate the device, return to “Step 3” above and try again using the next code for that device.
GE universal remote Direct Code Entry programming method
What should I do if none of the GE remote codes work with my Onn TV?
If the codes above don’t work with your Onn TV, there’s another method to program your Ge universal remote control with the TV.
It is called the Auto Code search method. Don’t worry, it’s rather simple, and we have explained the step by step process below.
How to Program a General Electric Universal Remote with an Onn TV Without Codes
For those who don’t know the universal remote codes of their Onn TV or who can’t find the right code, the “Auto Code Search” method is practical.
Below are the step-by-step instructions for programming your GE universal remote without knowing its codes.
Programming a GE Universal Remote to an Onn TV without codes using the Auto Code Search method
- Step 1: Manually switch on the TV and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 2: Press and hold the “Setup Button” until the red indicator light turns on.
- Step 3: Once the red indicator light turns on, release the “Setup Button.”
- Step 4: To program a TV, press and release the TV button.
- Step 5: After pressing the button for the device you wish to control, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 6: Point your remote at the device, then press and release the power button to start the code search.
- Step 7: The red indicator light will start flashing while it searches.
- Step 8: If a compatible code is found, your device will turn off, and the red indicator light on the GE remote control will stop flashing and remain on.
- Step 9: If the red LED indicator stops flashing without your TV turning off, simply repeat the process from “Step 4” above.
- Step 10: Once your device turns off, manually turn it back on.
- Step 11: Point your General Electric universal remote at the device again and press and release the Volume Up Button.
- Step 12: After pressing the “Volume Up Button,” the red indicator light will blink once and remain on.
- Step 13: At this stage, if a compatible code is found, your device should turn off again.
- Step 14: If the device doesn’t turn off after pressing the “Volume Up Button,” simply continue to press and release the volume up button.
- Step 15: Once your device turns off, that means your remote now has the compatible code.
- Step 16: To store this code in your remote, simply press the same device button that you pressed in “Step 4” above. In this example, we will press the TV button since we are programming the remote control with a TV.
- Step 17: Now turn on your device using the GE remote and test all its buttons to make sure your remote is fully functional with this device.
- Step 18: If the GE remote is not fully functional with your device, simply return to “Step 2” to repeat the process and find a better code.
GE universal remote Auto Code Search programming method
How do I find the code for my Onn TV?
You may check the list of codes listed above in this post or visit this link to check more codes if the ones here don’t work.
Why is my GE universal remote not working with my Onn TV?
There are a few reasons why your GE universal remote might not be working with your Sceptre TV.
The remote is not in the correct mode
Make sure that the remote is in the correct mode for your TV. To do this, press and hold the mode button on the remote until the indicator light changes color. The indicator light will flash a different color for each mode.
The remote is not programmed correctly
If you have programmed the remote correctly and it is still not working, try using the auto code search feature as explained above.
The remote is not compatible with your TV
Some GE universal remotes are not compatible with all TVs. If you have tried all of the above and the remote is still not working, it is possible that your remote is not compatible with your TV.
In this case, you will need to purchase a different universal remote that is compatible with your TV.
Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting your GE universal remote:
- Make sure that the batteries in the remote are fresh.
- Try pointing the remote directly at the TV.
- Make sure that there are no obstacles between the remote and the TV.
- Try moving the remote closer to the TV.
- Try changing the batteries in the remote.
- Try programming the remote again.
- If you are still having trouble, contact the GE customer service department for assistance.
- Try resetting the remote.
Consult the manufacturer’s website: If you are still having trouble finding GE universal remote codes for your Onn TV, check the manufacturer’s website for additional support and troubleshooting resources.
In conclusion, a GE universal remote control can greatly enhance your TV-watching experience with an Onn TV by providing convenience and ease of use.
This blog post has provided a comprehensive guide on using a GE universal remote control with an Onn TV, including a list of programming codes and step-by-step instructions for programming the remote using both the Direct Code Entry and Auto Code Search methods.
If the provided GE remote codes do not work with your Onn TV, the Auto Code Search method offers an alternative solution.
Additionally, troubleshooting tips have been shared to address common issues such as incorrect mode selection, programming errors, compatibility problems, and general remote functionality problems.
Remember to ensure fresh batteries, a clear line of sight between the remote and TV, and proximity to the TV while troubleshooting.
If all else fails, contacting GE customer service or visiting the manufacturer’s website for further assistance is recommended.
With the information and resources provided in this blog post, you can simplify and streamline your TV control experience with a GE universal remote control for your Onn TV. Enjoy your hassle-free TV viewing!