Welcome to our blog post on GE universal remote codes for Sharp TVs and setup guide! If you own a Sharp TV and are looking for a convenient way to control it with a universal remote, you’re in the right place.
- What are GE universal remote codes for Sharp TV?
- List of GE universal remote codes for Sharp TV
- How to program a GE universal remote control with a Sharp TV with codes
- What should I do if none of the GE remote codes work with my Sharp TV?
- How to Program a General Electric Universal Remote with a Sharp TV Without Codes
- How do I find the code for my Sharp TV?
- Why is my GE universal remote not working with my Sharp TV?
GE universal remotes are popular choices for their compatibility and functionality. In this guide, we will provide you with a comprehensive list of GE universal remote codes specifically designed for Sharp TVs.
Whether you’re a tech enthusiast or simply looking for an easier way to manage your entertainment system, this blog post will walk you through the setup process and help you program your GE universal remote for seamless control of your Sharp TV.
What are GE universal remote codes for Sharp TV?
GE universal remote codes for Sharp TVs are a set of numerical values that correspond to specific commands or functions of a Sharp television. These codes are used to program a GE universal remote control to operate a Sharp TV.
By entering the correct code for your Sharp TV model, you can synchronize the universal remote with your television and control various features such as power on/off, volume adjustment, channel selection, and input switching.
Each Sharp TV model may have a different code assigned to it. The codes are typically provided in the instruction manual that accompanies the GE universal remote control.
Alternatively, you can search for the appropriate code from the list of GE universal remote codes that we have provided below in this blog post.
You can also follow the step by step programming instructions provided in this blog post to set up your remote.
After successful programming, your GE universal remote should be able to control your Sharp TV using the assigned code.
List of GE universal remote codes for Sharp TV
3 digit codes
- 063, 079, 123, 081, 020, 004, 009, 226, 266, 006, 095, 122, 111, 112, 114, 124, 173
4 digit CL6 codes
- 6011, 5341, 6001, 6171, 6251, 3191, 5941, 2891, 1741, 0001, 4105
4 digit CL5 codes
- 6011, 6001, 5341, 6171, 6251, 3191, 5941, 2891, 1741, 0001, 4105
4 digit CL4 codes
- 6011, 6001, 5341, 6171, 3191, 5941, 2891, 1741, 0001, 4105
4 digit CL3 codes
- 5341, 3191, 5421, 2891, 3181, 1741, 0001, 3201, 0341, 0461, 2731, 0681, 0691, 1221, 1291, 1441, 2031, 2201, 2261, 3461, 4751, 4991
4 digit V5 codes
- 5421, 3181, 2891, 1741, 3191, 3201, 0001, 0341, 0461, 0681, 0691, 1221, 1291, 1441, 2031, 2201, 2261, 2731, 3461, 4751, 4991
4 digit V4 codes
- 5025, 5139, 5068, 5006, 5011, 5013, 5018, 5035, 5040, 5041, 5051, 5058, 5069, 5104, 5151, 5153, 5155, 5165, 5201, 5242, 5243, 5308, 5406, 5438, 5478
4 digit V3 codes
- 3181, 3191, 2891, 1741, 3201, 2731, 0001, 0341, 0461, 0681, 0691, 1221, 1291, 1441, 2031, 2201, 2261, 3461, 4751, 4991
4 digit V2 codes
- 5006, 5011, 5013, 5018, 5025, 5035, 5040, 5041, 5051, 5058, 5068, 5069, 5104, 5151, 5153, 5155, 5165, 5201, 5242, 5243, 5308, 5406, 5438, 5478
4 digit V1 codes
- 0079, 0123, 0063, 0081, 0020, 0004, 0009, 0226, 0266, 0006, 0095, 0122
How to program a GE universal remote control with a Sharp TV with codes
Your GE universal remote control contains thousands of device codes for the latest audio and video equipment.
So you would need to locate the code listed for your specific device that came with your remote control. We’ve listed GE universal remote control codes for Sharp TVs above in this post.
Programming a GE Universal Remote with codes using Direct Code Entry
The “Direct Code Entry” technique is useful for those who are familiar with the device’s codes and want to program a GE universal remote control with it.
Check the GE universal remote codes for your Sharp TV listed above, then use these detailed instructions to program it.
- Step 1: Find the code list (CL3, CL4, CL5, or CL6) for the TV.
- Step 2: Manually switch on the TV and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 3: Press and hold down the “Setup Button” until the red light on the remote control turns on and remains on.
- Step 4: Once the red LED is on, release the “Setup Button.”
- Step 5: Press and release the TV button.
- Step 6: After pressing the TV button, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 7: Next, use the number buttons on the remote to enter the first four digit remote control codes for your device.
- Step 8: Test the device to see if the GE remote is fully functional and that the TV responds properly.
- Step 9: If the remote’s buttons don’t operate the device, return to “Step 3” above and try again using the next code for that device.
GE universal remote Direct Code Entry programming method
What should I do if none of the GE remote codes work with my Sharp TV?
If the codes above don’t work with your Sharp TV, there’s another method to program your Ge universal remote control with the TV.
It is called the Auto Code search method. Don’t worry, it’s rather simple, and we have explained the step by step process below.
How to Program a General Electric Universal Remote with a Sharp TV Without Codes
For those who don’t know the universal remote codes of their Sharp TV or who can’t find the right code, the “Auto Code Search” method is practical.
Below are the step-by-step instructions for programming your GE universal remote without knowing its codes.
Programming a GE Universal Remote to a Sharp TV without codes using the Auto Code Search method
- Step 1: Manually switch on the TV and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 2: Press and hold the “Setup Button” until the red indicator light turns on.
- Step 3: Once the red indicator light turns on, release the “Setup Button.”
- Step 4: To program a TV, press and release the TV button.
- Step 5: After pressing the button for the device you wish to control, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 6: Point your remote at the device, then press and release the power button to start the code search.
- Step 7: The red indicator light will start flashing while it searches.
- Step 8: If a compatible code is found, your device will turn off, and the red indicator light on the GE remote control will stop flashing and remain on.
- Step 9: If the red LED indicator stops flashing without your TV turning off, simply repeat the process from “Step 4” above.
- Step 10: Once your device turns off, manually turn it back on.
- Step 11: Point your General Electric universal remote at the device again and press and release the Volume Up Button.
- Step 12: After pressing the “Volume Up Button,” the red indicator light will blink once and remain on.
- Step 13: At this stage, if a compatible code is found, your device should turn off again.
- Step 14: If the device doesn’t turn off after pressing the “Volume Up Button,” simply continue to press and release the volume up button.
- Step 15: Once your device turns off, that means your remote now has the compatible code.
- Step 16: To store this code in your remote, simply press the same device button that you pressed in “Step 4” above. In this example, we will press the TV button since we are programming the remote control with a TV.
- Step 17: Now turn on your device using the GE remote and test all its buttons to make sure your remote is fully functional with this device.
- Step 18: If the GE remote is not fully functional with your device, simply return to “Step 2” to repeat the process and find a better code.
GE universal remote Auto Code Search programming method
How do I find the code for my Sharp TV?
You may check the list of codes listed above in this post or visit this link to check more codes if the ones here don’t work.
Why is my GE universal remote not working with my Sharp TV?
There are a few reasons why your GE universal remote might not be working with your Sceptre TV.
The remote is not in the correct mode
Make sure that the remote is in the correct mode for your TV. To do this, press and hold the mode button on the remote until the indicator light changes color. The indicator light will flash a different color for each mode.
The remote is not programmed correctly
If you have programmed the remote correctly and it is still not working, try using the auto code search feature as explained above.
The remote is not compatible with your TV
Some GE universal remotes are not compatible with all TVs. If you have tried all of the above and the remote is still not working, it is possible that your remote is not compatible with your TV.
In this case, you will need to purchase a different universal remote that is compatible with your TV.
Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting your GE universal remote:
- Make sure that the batteries in the remote are fresh.
- Try pointing the remote directly at the TV.
- Make sure that there are no obstacles between the remote and the TV.
- Try moving the remote closer to the TV.
- Try changing the batteries in the remote.
- Try programming the remote again.
- If you are still having trouble, contact the GE customer service department for assistance.
- Try resetting the remote.
In conclusion, this blog post serves as a helpful guide for programming a GE universal remote control to operate a Sharp TV.
It provides a comprehensive list of GE universal remote codes for various Sharp TV models, allowing users to synchronize their remotes with their televisions and gain control over essential functions.
The post also includes step-by-step instructions for programming the remote using different methods, such as Direct Code Entry and Auto Code Search.
By following these guidelines, users can easily set up their GE universal remotes to seamlessly operate their Sharp TVs.
Disclaimer: As An Amazon Affiliate, We Earn From Qualifying Purchases