Are you looking for the perfect guide to program your GE universal remote control for your Vizio TV?
- What are GE universal remote codes for a Vizio TV?
- List of GE universal remote codes for Vizio TV
- List of GE universal remote codes for other Vizio Appliances
- How to program a GE universal remote control with a Vizio TV with codes
- What should I do if none of the GE remote codes work with my Vizio TV?
- How to Program a General Electric Universal Remote with a Vizio TV Without Codes
- Ge universal remote manual download
- How do I find the code for my Vizio TV?
- Why is my GE universal remote not working with my Vizio TV?
Search no further! In this comprehensive blog post, we provide you with all the information you need.
From understanding GE universal remote codes to step-by-step programming instructions, we’ve got you covered.
Discover the specific codes for your Vizio TV model and learn how to input them into your GE remote.
Whether you prefer direct code entry or the auto code search method, we’ll walk you through the process.
Get ready to take full control of your Vizio TV with your GE universal remote. Let’s dive in and simplify the programming experience!
What are GE universal remote codes for a Vizio TV?
A GE universal remote code for a Vizio TV is a specific numeric value that can be programmed into a GE universal remote control to operate and control a Vizio television.
These codes serve as a standardized communication method between the remote control and the TV, allowing users to control various functions such as power, volume, channel selection, and input selection on their Vizio TV using the GE universal remote.
Each TV brand and model may have different codes, and these codes can be found in the user manual or programming instructions provided with the GE universal remote.
List of GE universal remote codes for Vizio TV
3 digit codes
- 081, 112, 143, 050
4 digit CL6 codes
- 5631, 5611, 5561, 6471, 6511, 6121, 6131, 6111, 5651, 5621, 5711
4 digit CL5 codes
- 5631, 5611, 5561, 6471, 6511, 6121, 6131, 6111, 5651, 5621, 5711
4 digit CL4 codes
- 5631, 5611, 5561, 6121, 6131, 6111, 5651, 5621, 5711
4 digit CL3 codes
- 5631, 5611, 5561, 5571, 5651, 5621, 5581, 5711, 1471, 5591, 1741, 5601, 2021, 2901, 3651, 3741, 5671, 3851, 5641, 4081, 5661, 5681, 5691, 5701
4 digit V5 codes
- 1471, 1741, 2021, 2901, 3351, 3651, 3741, 3851, 4081
4 digit V4 codes
- 2901, 1471, 1741, 2021, 3651, 3741, 3851, 4081
4 digit V3 codes
- 5450, 5343, 5109, 5115, 5138, 5139
4 digit V2 codes
- 5109, 5115, 5139, 5343, 5450
4 digit V1 codes
- 1169, 1168, 0081, 0112, 0143, 1011, 0050
List of GE universal remote codes for other Vizio Appliances
GE remote codes for Vizio Blu-Ray player
- 4135, 4025
GE remote codes for Vizio Sound Bar
- 0666, 1866
Vizio 4 Digit Remote Codes for Vizio Sound Bar
Vizio 5 Digit Universal Remote Codes for Vizio Sound Bar
Vizio 5 Digit Universal Remote Codes for Vizio Blu-Ray
How to program a GE universal remote control with a Vizio TV with codes
Your GE universal remote control contains thousands of device codes for the latest audio and video equipment.
So you would need to locate the code listed for your specific device that came with your remote control. We’ve listed GE universal remote control codes for Vizio TVs above in this post.
Programming a GE Universal Remote with codes using Direct Code Entry
The “Direct Code Entry” technique is useful for those who are familiar with the device’s codes and want to program a GE universal remote control with it.
Check the GE universal remote codes for your Vizio TV listed above, then use these detailed instructions to program it.
- Step 1: Find the code list (CL3, CL4, CL5, or CL6) for the TV.
- Step 2: Manually switch on the TV and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 3: Press and hold down the “Setup Button” until the red light on the remote control turns on and remains on.
- Step 4: Once the red LED is on, release the “Setup Button.”
- Step 5: Press and release the TV button.
- Step 6: After pressing the TV button, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 7: Next, use the number buttons on the remote to enter the first four digit remote control codes for your device.
- Step 8: Test the device to see if the GE remote is fully functional and that the TV responds properly.
- Step 9: If the remote’s buttons don’t operate the device, return to “Step 3” above and try again using the next code for that device.
What should I do if none of the GE remote codes work with my Vizio TV?
If the codes above don’t work with your Vizio TV, there’s another method to program your Ge universal remote control with the TV.
It is called the Auto Code search method. Don’t worry, it’s rather simple, and we have explained the step by step process below.
How to Program a General Electric Universal Remote with a Vizio TV Without Codes
For those who don’t know the universal remote codes of their Vizio TV or who can’t find the right code, the “Auto Code Search” method is practical.
Below are the step-by-step instructions for programming your GE universal remote without knowing its codes.
Programming a GE Universal Remote to a Vizio TV without codes using the Auto Code Search method
- Step 1: Manually switch on the TV and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 2: Press and hold the “Setup Button” until the red indicator light turns on.
- Step 3: Once the red indicator light turns on, release the “Setup Button.”
- Step 4: To program a TV, press and release the TV button.
- Step 5: After pressing the button for the device you wish to control, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 6: Point your remote at the device, then press and release the power button to start the code search.
- Step 7: The red indicator light will start flashing while it searches.
- Step 8: If a compatible code is found, your device will turn off, and the red indicator light on the GE remote control will stop flashing and remain on.
- Step 9: If the red LED indicator stops flashing without your TV turning off, simply repeat the process from “Step 4” above.
- Step 10: Once your device turns off, manually turn it back on.
- Step 11: Point your General Electric universal remote at the device again and press and release the Volume Up Button.
- Step 12: After pressing the “Volume Up Button,” the red indicator light will blink once and remain on.
- Step 13: At this stage, if a compatible code is found, your device should turn off again.
- Step 14: If the device doesn’t turn off after pressing the “Volume Up Button,” simply continue to press and release the volume up button.
- Step 15: Once your device turns off, that means your remote now has the compatible code.
- Step 16: To store this code in your remote, simply press the same device button that you pressed in “Step 4” above. In this example, we will press the TV button since we are programming the remote control with a TV.
- Step 17: Now turn on your device using the GE remote and test all its buttons to make sure your remote is fully functional with this device.
- Step 18: If the GE remote is not fully functional with your device, simply return to “Step 2” to repeat the process and find a better code.
Ge universal remote manual download
There are several models of the GE universal remote control. And each one has its own manual.
Fortunately for us, JASCO has digital versions of all the GE universal remote controls that they sell. Click here to visit their website, where you can select your specific model and download a digital copy of its manual.
How do I find the code for my Vizio TV?
You may check the list of codes listed above in this post or visit this link to check more codes if the ones here don’t work.
Why is my GE universal remote not working with my Vizio TV?
There are a few reasons why your GE universal remote might not be working with your Sceptre TV.
The remote is not in the correct mode
Make sure that the remote is in the correct mode for your TV. To do this, press and hold the mode button on the remote until the indicator light changes color. The indicator light will flash a different color for each mode.
The remote is not programmed correctly
If you have programmed the remote correctly and it is still not working, try using the auto code search feature as explained above.
The remote is not compatible with your TV
Some GE universal remotes are not compatible with all TVs. If you have tried all of the above and the remote is still not working, it is possible that your remote is not compatible with your TV.
In this case, you will need to purchase a different universal remote that is compatible with your TV.
Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting your GE universal remote:
- Make sure that the batteries in the remote are fresh.
- Try pointing the remote directly at the TV.
- Make sure that there are no obstacles between the remote and the TV.
- Try moving the remote closer to the TV.
- Try changing the batteries in the remote.
- Try programming the remote again.
- If you are still having trouble, contact the GE customer service department for assistance.
- Try resetting the remote.
In conclusion, finding the right GE universal remote code for a Vizio TV is essential for controlling your television with ease.
The provided list of codes for various models and appliances can help you program your GE remote correctly.
Whether you choose the direct code entry method or the auto code search method, following the step-by-step instructions will ensure successful programming.
If none of the codes work or your remote is not compatible, troubleshooting tips such as checking the remote mode, using fresh batteries, and removing obstacles can help resolve the issue.
Remember to consult the GE universal remote manual or reach out to their customer service for further assistance.
With the right code and proper programming, you can enjoy seamless control of your Vizio TV using your GE universal remote.
Disclaimer: As An Amazon Affiliate, We Earn From Qualifying Purchases