If you own an LG TV, you know how important it is to keep it clean and well-maintained. Dust, dirt, and fingerprints can accumulate on the screen and other parts of your TV over time, affecting its performance and overall appearance.
- How to clean LG TV screen short answer
- Importance of keeping your LG TV clean
- Materials necessary to clean your LG TV
- Preparing your LG TV for cleaning
- How to clean an LG TV screen step by step
- How to Clean an LG TV Screen Without Leaving Streaks
- Never do the following things when cleaning your LG TV
- How to keep your LG TV screen clean?
- How frequently should you clean your LG TV?
- Frequently asked questions
However, cleaning your LG TV can be a daunting task, especially if you’re unsure of the best and safest way to do it.
In this blog post, we’ll provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to clean your LG TV, including tips on the types of cleaning solutions and materials to use, how frequently to clean the TV, and how to properly maintain it over time.
By following these guidelines, you can ensure that your LG TV looks and performs its best for years to come.
How to clean LG TV screen short answer
Turn off and unplug your LG TV. Wet a clean, soft microfiber cloth in lukewarm water. Wring out the cloth until it’s almost dry. Gently wipe the screen in a circular motion with light pressure. Finally, use a different, clean, dry microfiber cloth to wipe any excess water off the screen.
Importance of keeping your LG TV clean
It is important to keep your LG TV clean for several reasons:
Better image quality
First and foremost, regular cleaning can help ensure that you’re getting the best possible viewing experience. Over time, dust, dirt, and fingerprints can accumulate on your TV screen, which can affect the picture quality and clarity. By cleaning the screen regularly, you can remove these blemishes and maintain optimal image quality.
In addition to improving image quality, keeping your LG TV clean can also increase its lifespan. Dust and dirt buildup can cause your TV to overheat, which can damage its internal components and shorten its lifespan. By removing dust and dirt from your TV, you can help prevent overheating and extend the life of your TV.
Another important reason to keep your LG TV clean is for improved hygiene. Your TV remote, stand, and other parts of your TV can harbor germs and bacteria, especially if you share your TV with others. Regular cleaning can help reduce the spread of germs and promote a healthier living environment.
Finally, a clean LG TV simply looks better than a dirty one. Regular cleaning can help remove smudges, stains, and other blemishes that can detract from your TV’s appearance and make it look older than it really is. By keeping your LG TV clean, you can maintain its appearance and ensure that it looks its best for years to come.
Materials necessary to clean your LG TV
To clean your LG TV effectively and safely, you will need some basic materials. Here are the three necessary materials for cleaning an LG TV:
Clean lukewarm water is the only cleaning solution that LG recommends for cleaning your LG TV screen. The warm water helps remove any stubborn smudges or fingerprints. You shouldn’t apply the water directly to the TV but instead through a microfiber cloth as described below.
A microfiber cloth is a soft and non-abrasive cloth that is perfect for cleaning TV screens. It is gentle enough to avoid scratching the screen but effective enough to remove dust, dirt, and fingerprints. You need at least two or three units of microfiber cloth.
- The MagicFiber Extra Large microfiber cleaning cloth is one of the most recommended for cleaning your LG TV.
- If not then these other microfiber cleaning cloth options will do just fine.
A spray bottle
You will need a spray bottle to apply clean water to the microfiber cloth when cleaning your LG TV. However, it is important to use the spray bottle carefully and not spray water directly on the TV screen, as it may damage it.
- These Youngever Plastic Spray Bottles will do just fine.
- Here are more spray bottle options that you can choose from.
Preparing your LG TV for cleaning
Once you gather all your necessary cleaning materials, there are a few preparations you must make before you start cleaning your LG TV.
- Power off the TV.
- To reduce the risk of a short circuit or an electric shock from your LG TV, unplug its power cord.
- Also power off and unplug any nearby devices such as a sound bar or tv receiver, which may be connected to the TV.
- Warm some clean water until it reaches a lukewarm temperature (about 30 degrees celsius or 86 Fahrenheit).
- Pour the clean lukewarm water in a spray bottle and test to make sure it delivers the water as a soft spreading spray rather than a jet.
- Alternatively, you can place the lukewarm water in a clean bucket or bowl.
- Place at least two or three units of microfiber cloth nearby.
- Remove any rings, watches, or objects that may accidentally scratch your TV screen as you clean it.
How to clean an LG TV screen step by step
- Step 1: Before you start cleaning your LG TV, make sure that you have powered it off and unplugged it from any power source. Also, turn off and unplug any connected devices, such as a sound bar or TV receiver/decoder.
- Step 2: Use lukewarm water to wet the first clean, soft microfiber cloth. Lukewarm water works well to get rid of tough fingerprints or smudges.
- Step 3: Wring out the cloth until it is almost dry. This will leave the cloth with just the right amount of moisture to allow it to clean the TV screen without causing any damage.
- Step 4: Gently wipe the LG TV screen in a circular motion while applying light pressure. This will allow you to reach each area from a variety of angles with just one motion.
- Step 5: Apply the same circular motion and light pressure with a second clean, dry microfiber cloth to remove any last traces of moisture from the TV screen. It will also help remove any stains and residue left behind by the moist microfiber.
- Step 6: Use the third clean dry microfiber cloth to wipe and remove dust from the rest of the TV. Never use a wet cloth on the rest of the TV.
- Step 7: Finally, allow the LG TV to completely dry in room air before plugging it back in and powering on the unit.
How to Clean an LG TV Screen Without Leaving Streaks
- To clean your LG TV screen without leaving streaks, first follow steps 1 to 6 as described above under the subtopic “How to clean an LG TV screen step by step.”
- Once you complete step 6, take a new microfiber cloth and very gently wipe the TV screen first using a clockwise circular motion. Make sure to apply low pressure while wiping across all the visible streaks.
- Finally, wipe across all of the visible streaks once more with the same soft cloth and low pressure, but this time, move it in a counterclockwise circular motion.
Never do the following things when cleaning your LG TV
- Never spray water or other liquids directly on the TV, as this could cause damage, a short circuit, or even an electric shock.
- Never use alcohol, thinners, or benzene to clean your TV’s screen because doing so will damage the panel.
- After cleaning, never turn off the TV without letting it completely dry in normal room air..
- Never use a wet cloth anywhere else other than the screen. Any drops of water that may manage to enter the TV through slots can cause a short circuit.
- Never use home cleaning products such as Windex, Dawn, napkins, paper towels, or ragged clothing to clean your LG TV.
- Never apply compressed air, or hot air on your LG TV
How to keep your LG TV screen clean?
Keep the TV in a clean environment
- Dust, dirt, and debris can accumulate in the air, so it’s important to keep your TV in a clean environment.
- Vacuum or dust the area around your TV regularly to reduce the amount of dust and dirt that can settle on the screen.
- Consider relocating the TV to an area that is not near a door or window to avoid the accumulation of dirt and dust.
Use a TV cover
- If you live in an area with high levels of dust or pet hair, consider using a TV cover to protect your LG TV from dust and debris when it’s not in use.
Avoid unnecessary contact with the screen
- One of the easiest ways to keep your TV screen clean is to avoid touching it. Fingerprints and smudges can accumulate quickly and be difficult to remove, so it’s best to keep your hands off the screen.
- Avoid placing the television in areas where people may accidentally brush against it or touch it.
- Keep your pets away from the TV and discourage them from playing or wrestling in front of it.
How frequently should you clean your LG TV?
It is recommended to clean your LG TV screen at least once a month to maintain its performance and ensure optimal viewing experience.
However, if you live in a dusty environment or use your TV frequently, you may need to clean it more often.
Additionally, if you notice any smudges or fingerprints on the screen, it’s a good idea to clean it right away to prevent them from becoming more difficult to remove over time.
In conclusion, keeping your LG TV clean is important for maintaining its performance and appearance over time.
Dust, dirt, and fingerprints can accumulate on your TV screen and other parts, affecting the picture quality, lifespan, hygiene, and appearance of your TV.
Using clean lukewarm water, a microfiber cloth, and a spray bottle, you can effectively and safely clean your LG TV.
By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your LG TV looks and performs its best for years to come.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use Windex on my LG TV?
No, you should never use Windex to clean your LG TV or any other TV model. LG recommends using a microfiber cloth moistened with lukewarm water. Your television screen could be damaged if you clean it with any harsh chemicals.
Can you use Dawn to clean a flat screen TV?
No, you should never use Dawn to clean your LG TV or any other TV model. LG recommends using a microfiber cloth moistened with lukewarm water. Your television screen could be damaged if you clean it with any harsh chemicals.
How do I clean fingerprints off my flat screen TV?
You can use a clean, soft microfiber cloth to clean fingerprints off your TV screen. While wiping the prints off the screen, apply low pressure and gently wipe across the screen in circular motions.
What’s the best thing to clean the front of a flat screen TV with?
A microfiber cloth moistened with lukewarm water and squeezed or wrung until it’s almost dry.
Can I use alcohol wipes to clean my TV screen?
No, you should never use alcohol to clean your LG TV or any other TV model. LG recommends using a microfiber cloth moistened with lukewarm water. Your television screen could be damaged if you clean it with any harsh chemicals.
What is the safest thing to clean a flat screen TV with?
The best thing to clean a flat screen TV with is a microfiber cloth moistened with lukewarm water and squeezed or wrung until it’s almost dry.
Can I use Windex wipes on my TV?
No, you should never use Windex wipes to clean your LG TV or any other TV model. LG recommends using a microfiber cloth moistened with lukewarm water. Your television screen could be damaged if you clean it with any other materials.
What household product can I use to clean my TV screen?
The only two products you need to clean your LG TV is lukewarm water and a microfiber cloth.
For more information, you may find more resources about cleaning your LG TV here.
Disclaimer: As An Amazon Affiliate, We Earn From Qualifying Purchases