If you’re tired of juggling multiple remotes or simply looking to simplify your entertainment experience, we’ve got you covered.
- List of Philips universal remote codes for Vizio TV
- How do I Program my Philips Universal Remote with a Vizio TV?
- How to a Program a Philips Universal Remote with a Vizio TV using codes (Direct Code Entry)
- How to Program a Philips Universal Remote with a Vizio TV without using Codes (Auto Code Search)
- Why won't my Philips universal remote connect to my Vizio TV?
- Philips universal remote troubleshooting guide
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In this comprehensive programming guide, we’ll provide you with the essential Philips universal remote codes specifically tailored for Vizio TVs, along with step-by-step instructions on how to program your remote for seamless control.
Say goodbye to the hassle of searching for the right buttons and embrace the convenience of a single remote. Let’s dive in and make your Vizio TV remote experience hassle-free and enjoyable!
List of Philips universal remote codes for Vizio TV
5 digit codes
- 12172, 16355, 14716, 16159, 19022, 15659, 16532, 14760, 15162, 11264, 16257, 16551, 11362, 16453, 11166, 16659, 17152, 16956, 17858, 17415, 17437, 10840, 15757, 16757, 16858, 17054, 10223, 18535, 15855, 15953, 16051
4 digit CL6 codes
- 5631, 5611, 5561, 6471, 6511, 6121, 6131, 6111, 5651, 5621, 5711
4 digit CL5 codes
- 5631, 5611, 5561, 6471, 6511, 6121, 6131, 6111, 5651, 5621, 5711
4 digit CL4 codes
- 5631, 5611, 5561, 6121, 6131, 6111, 5651, 5621, 5711
4 digit CL3, CL2, CL1 codes (mixed)
- 5631, 5611, 1471, 5561, 6471, 6511, 5621, 6121, 6131, 6111, 1741, 5651, 2021, 5711, 2901, 3351, 3651, 3741, 3851, 4081, 5571, 5581, 5591, 5601, 5641, 5661, 5671, 5681, 5691, 5701
4 digit V2 codes
- 1518, 1418, 0709, 0812, 0915, 1702, 0606
4 digit V1 codes
- 0912, 1782, 1783
How do I Program my Philips Universal Remote with a Vizio TV?
There are two ways to program a Philips universal remote control:
Option 1: Direct Code Entry
If you are familiar with the TV’s codes and want to program the remote with them, this is the best choice.
Option 1: Auto Code Search
If you do not know or cannot find the codes for your TV, this is your best option.
How to a Program a Philips Universal Remote with a Vizio TV using codes (Direct Code Entry)
Your Philips universal remote control contains thousands of device codes for the latest audio and video equipment.
So you would need to locate the code listed for your TV that came with your remote control.
We’ve listed Philips universal remote control codes for various TV makes and models below in this post.
Philips universal remote Direct Code Entry programming instructions
If you know the TV’s codes and want to program a Philips universal remote control with them, the “Direct Code Entry” method is the fastest. Below are the detailed instructions for programming it.
- Step 1: Find the code list (CL3, CL4, CL5, or CL6) for the specific device that you want to program your universal remote control with.
- Step 2: Manually switch on the device you wish to control and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 3: Press and hold down the “Setup Button” until the red light on the remote control turns on and remains on.
- Step 4: Once the red LED is on, release the “Setup Button”.
- Step 5: Press and release the device button you wish to control. For example, if you want to program your Philips universal remote with a TV, then press the TV button.
- Step 6: After pressing the device button, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 7: Next, use the number buttons on the remote to enter the first four digit remote control codes for your device.
- Step 8: Test the device to see if the Philips remote is fully functional and that the device responds properly.
- Step 9: If the remote’s buttons don’t operate the device, return to “Step 3” above and try again using the next code for that device.
If programming your Philips universal remote control via the Direct Code Search method does not work, you can try the Auto Code Search method, which is detailed below.
How to Program a Philips Universal Remote with a Vizio TV without using Codes (Auto Code Search)
The “Auto Code Search” programming method is useful for people who do not know the codes for the gadgets they want to program a Philips universal remote control with.
Philips universal remote Auto Code Search programming instructions
Below are detailed instructions for programming your remote without knowing its codes.
- Step 1: Manually switch on the device you wish to control and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 2: Press and hold the “Setup Button” until the red indicator light turns on and remains on.
- Step 3: Once the red indicator light turns on, release the “Setup Button”.
- Step 4: To program a TV, press and release the “TV button”.
The Philips universal remote can control six types of devices: TV, CBL, Blue Ray, Aux, Aud, and Strm.
If you wish to do Auto Code Search for another device, press and release the appropriate button.
- Step 5: After pressing the button for the device you wish to control, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 6: Point your remote at the device, then press and release the “Power Button” to start the code search.
- Step 7: The red indicator light will start flashing while it searches.
- Step 8: If a compatible code is found, your device will turn off and the red indicator light on the Philips remote control will stop flashing and remain on.
- Step 9: If your TV doesn’t turn off, simply repeat the process again from “Step 4” above.
- Step 10: Once your device turns off, manually turn it back on.
- Step 11: Point your Philips universal remote at the device again and press and release the “Volume Up Button”.
- Step 12: After pressing the “Volume Up Button”, the red indicator light will blink once and remain on.
- Step 13: At this stage, if a compatible code is found, your device should turn off again.
- Step 14: If the device doesn’t turn off after pressing the “Volume Up Button”, simply continue to press and release the volume up button.
- Step 15: Once your device turns off, that means your remote now has the compatible code.
- Step 16: To store this code in your remote, simply press the same device button which you pressed in “Step 4” above.
In this example, we will press the “TV button” since we are programming the remote control with a TV.
- Step 17: Now turn on your device using the Philips remote and test all its buttons to make sure your remote is fully functional with it.
- Step 18: If the Philips remote is not fully functional with your device, simply return to “Step 2” to repeat the process and find a better code.
Why won’t my Philips universal remote connect to my Vizio TV?
One possible reason why your Philips universal remote is not connecting to your Vizio TV is compatibility issues.
While universal remotes are designed to be versatile, they may not support all TV models. It’s essential to ensure that your Vizio TV is compatible with the specific Philips universal remote model you are using.
Refer to the remote’s manual or check the manufacturer’s website for a compatibility list.
Another common cause of connection problems is programming errors. Universal remotes require programming to sync with your Vizio TV.
If the programming is not done correctly, the remote will not be able to communicate with your Vizio TV.
Follow the programming instructions provided by Philips carefully, ensuring you input the correct codes for your TV’s brand and model.
Low or depleted batteries can also prevent your Philips universal remote from connecting to your Vizio TV.
Check the batteries and replace them if necessary. Make sure to use fresh, high-quality batteries to ensure optimal performance.
Additionally, ensure that the batteries are correctly inserted into the remote, following the correct polarity markings.
Line of Sight Interference
Infrared signals used by universal remotes require a clear line of sight between the remote and the TV’s infrared sensor.
Objects or obstacles blocking this line of sight can hinder the connection. Check for any obstructions such as furniture, decorations, or other devices that may be blocking the path between the remote and the Vizio TV. Clearing the line of sight should improve the connection.
Infrared Sensor Issues
If the infrared sensor on your Vizio TV is not functioning correctly, it can prevent your Philips universal remote from connecting.
Ensure that the infrared sensor on your Vizio TV is clean and free from dust or debris. You can use a soft, lint-free cloth to gently wipe the sensor.
Reset the remote
Try resetting the universal remote to its factory default settings. The reset procedure can vary depending on the model, so refer to the user manual for instructions on how to do this.
Test other functions
Check if the universal remote can control other devices, such as a DVD player or a set-top box. If it can, then the issue might be specific to the Vizio TV.
Try alternative methods
Some universal remotes support automatic code scanning or learning functions. Explore these options if manual code entry doesn’t work.
Contact customer support
If you’ve exhausted all troubleshooting steps and the remote still won’t connect to your Vizio TV, reach out to Philips customer support for further assistance.
They can provide specific troubleshooting steps or determine if there might be a hardware issue with the remote.
Philips universal remote troubleshooting guide
The remote does not operate your Vizio TV
- Press the TV button on the remote control.
- Program the remote with a new code.
- Install new batteries.
- You might have to reprogram your remote after installing new batteries.
- The remote may not be compatible with your TV.
Remote does not operate some features of your Vizio TV
- Sometimes a particular code might operate some features but not all. Try programming the remote with a new code.
- The remote may not be able to operate all features of your TV or button names might be different from your device.
Red Indicator blinks and stays on after you program a Vizio TV code
- That means the remote may not have accepted the code.
- Try to program the code again or try a different code.
Remote buttons are not operating properly
- Check to ensure the remote is not in shift mode.
- Press and release the SETUP/SHIFT button and see if the remote buttons operate properly.
- If this does not help, press and release the SHIFT/SETUP button again to exit the shift mode.
In this blog post, we have provided you with a comprehensive programming guide for Philips universal remote codes specifically tailored for Vizio TVs.
We have covered two programming methods: the Direct Code Entry method, where you input the TV’s codes manually, and the Auto Code Search method, which is useful when you don’t know the codes for your devices.
We have also addressed common issues that may prevent your Philips universal remote from connecting to your Vizio TV, such as compatibility problems, programming errors, battery issues, line of sight interference, and infrared sensor problems.
By utilizing the provided Philips universal remote codes and following our programming guide, you can enhance your Vizio TV remote experience, making it hassle-free and enjoyable.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use a Philips universal remote with a Vizio TV?
Yes, Philips universal remotes are designed to work with various TV brands. However, it’s important to check the compatibility of your Vizio TV model with the specific remote you have.
How do I find the correct programming code for my Vizio TV?
The programming codes for different TV brands and models are typically listed in the manual provided with your Philips universal remote.
You can also find the codes listed above on this web page or by contacting the manufacturer’s customer support.
Why is my remote not responding even after changing the batteries?
If your remote is not responding even with fresh batteries, there might be other underlying issues, such as a faulty remote or a malfunctioning infrared sensor on your Vizio TV.
It’s advisable to contact Philips customer support or seek professional assistance.
What should I do if the infrared sensor on my Vizio TV is damaged?
If you suspect that the infrared sensor on your TV is damaged, it’s best to consult a qualified technician or contact the Vizio TV manufacturer for repair or replacement options.
Can I control other devices like DVD players or sound systems with a Philips universal remote?
Yes, Philips universal remotes are designed to control various devices besides TVs, including DVD players, sound systems, and streaming devices.
You can use the same programming process explained in this blog post to program your Philips universal remote with other devices.
Disclaimer: As An Amazon Affiliate, We Earn From Qualifying Purchases