How can you program a GE universal remote without codes? A GE universal remote control can help streamline your viewing experience, but what happens when you don’t have the code for your device?
In this blog post, we’ll explore how to program your GE universal remote control without codes, so you can control all your devices with just one remote. Whether you’re a tech novice or a seasoned pro, our step-by-step guide will have you up and running in no time. Say goodbye to cluttered coffee tables and hello to simplified entertainment control!
How to Program a GE universal remote without codes Auto Code Search 
For those who don’t know the codes of the device they want to program a GE universal remote control with, the “Auto Code Search” method is practical. The step-by-step instructions for programming your remote without knowing its codes are provided below.
Programming a GE Universal Remote without codes using the Auto Code Search feature
- Step 1: Manually switch on the device you wish to control and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 2: Press and hold the Setup Button (or OK Button for some models) until the red indicator light turns on.
- Step 3: Once the red indicator light turns on, release the Setup Button (or OK Button for some models).
- Step 4: To program a TV, Press and release the TV button. The GE universal remote can control six types of devices: TV, CBL, Blue Ray, Aux, Aud, and Strm. If you wish to do Auto Code Search for another device, press and release the appropriate button.
- Step 5: After pressing the button for the device you wish to control, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 6: Point your remote at the device, then press and release the power button to start the code search.
- Step 7: The red indicator light will start flashing while it searches.
- Step 8: If a compatible code is found, your device will turn off and the red indicator light on the GE remote control will stop flashing and remain on.
- Step 9: If the red LED indicator stops flashing without your TV turning off, simply repeat the process again from “Step 4” above.
- Step 10: Once your device turns off, manually turn it back on.
- Step 11: Point your General Electric universal remote at the device again and press and release the Volume Up Button.
- Step 12: After pressing the “Volume Up Button”, the red indicator light will blink once and remain on.
- Step 13: At this stage, if a compatible code is found, your device should turn off again.
- Step 14: If the device doesn’t turn off after pressing the “Volume Up Button”, simply continue to press and release the volume up button.
- Step 15: Once your device turns off, that means your remote now has the compatible code.
- Step 16: To store this code in your remote, simply press the same device button which you pressed in “Step 4” above. In this example, we will press the TV button since we are programming the remote control with a TV.
- Step 17: Now turn on your device using the GE remote and test all its buttons to make sure your remote is fully functional with this device.
- Step 18: If the GE remote is not fully functional with your device, simply return to “Step 2” to repeat the process and find a better code.
If the Auto Code Search method (GE universal remote programming method without codes) doesn’t work for you, then try the Direct Code Entry method, which we described in detail in the following post: How to program GE Universal remote with or without Codes.
Frequently asked questions
How do I program my GE universal remote to my TV?
You can program your GE universal remote control to your TV using either the Direct Code Entry method or the Auto Code Search method. Scroll to the top of this page to find a step by step guide for each programming method.
What is the Ge universal remote’s auto program?
The GE universal remote control Auto Program is also called the “Auto Code Search” method. It is a practical way to set up your GE universal remote control in case you don’t have the codes for the device you want to program it with. Scroll to the top of this page to find a step by step guide on how to do it.
How do you manually program a GE universal remote?
If you know the codes for your device, then you can program a GE universal remote control manually using the Direct Code Entry method. Scroll to the top of this page to find a step by step guide on how to do it.
How do I find the code for my GE universal remote?
We’ve provided a list for GE universal remote control codes for various TV models. Just scroll up to search for the codes for your TV model. Or you can visit this page for more codes in case you don’t find them listed on this website.