Are you looking for a convenient way to control your TCL Roku TV using a GE universal remote? Good news! The GE universal remote is compatible with TCL Roku TVs, allowing you to easily manage your TV functions with a single remote.
- Does the GE universal remote work with a TCL Roku TV?
- What are GE universal remote codes for TCL Roku TV
- List of GE universal remote codes for TCL Roku TV
- List of other provider’s remote codes for TCL Roku TV
- How to program a GE universal remote control with a TCL Roku TV with codes
- What should I do if none of the GE remote codes work with my TCL Roku TV?
- How to Program a General Electric Universal Remote with a TCL Roku TV Without Codes
- How do I find the code for my TCL Roku TV?
- Why is my GE universal remote not working with my TCL Roku TV?
In this blog post, we will provide you with the essential information you need to set up your GE universal remote with a TCL Roku TV, including the specific codes required for programming.
We will also address common troubleshooting issues to ensure a smooth remote control experience. Let’s dive in!
Does the GE universal remote work with a TCL Roku TV?
Yes, the GE universal remote can work with a TCL Roku TV. GE universal remotes are designed to be compatible with a wide range of devices, including TVs from various brands.
To set up the GE universal remote with your TCL Roku TV, you will need to follow the programming instructions provided with the remote.
These instructions typically involve entering a specific code for your TV model or using the automatic code search feature on the remote.
What are GE universal remote codes for TCL Roku TV
GE universal remote codes for TCL Roku TV refer to the specific numeric codes that need to be entered into the universal remote to establish a connection and control a TCL Roku TV.
Each TV brand has its own set of unique codes that correspond to different functions on the remote.
By entering the correct code for TCL Roku TV, the GE universal remote can communicate with the TV and perform functions like power on/off, volume adjustment, channel changing, and input selection.
List of GE universal remote codes for TCL Roku TV
4 digit CL6 codes
4 digit CL5 codes
4 digit CL4 codes
List of other provider’s remote codes for TCL Roku TV
|Providers||Codes for TCL Roku TV|
|Altice USA (Optimum/ Suddenlink/Cablevision)||1111, 0821, 0001, 3411, 3311, 2801, 4141, 1931, 1661, 1561|
|AT&T DirecTV||11756, 10706|
|ATT U-verse||1346, 12434|
|Bright House Cable||1756|
|Buckeye Broadband||12434, 2434|
|Cable One (branded as Sparklight)||2434|
|CenturyLink||2414, 2434, 3183|
|Comcast Cable (Xfinity)||11756, 12434, 12290, 12292|
|Cox Communications||1756, 11756, 12434|
|DISH Satellite TV||1756, 535, 645|
|RCA/Voxx||11756, 12434, 387, 12049|
|Time Warner (Spectrum)||387, 1566, 268|
|Windstream||2414, 2434, 3183|
|GE Universal Remote Model 24922||2891|
|Microsoft Xbox One||T1756|
How to program a GE universal remote control with a TCL Roku TV with codes
Your GE universal remote control contains thousands of device codes for the latest audio and video equipment.
So you would need to locate the code listed for your specific device that came with your remote control. We’ve listed GE universal remote control codes for TCL Roku TVs above in this post.
Programming a GE Universal Remote with codes using Direct Code Entry
The “Direct Code Entry” technique is useful for those who are familiar with the device’s codes and want to program a GE universal remote control with it.
Check the GE universal remote codes for your TCL Roku TV listed above, then use these detailed instructions to program it.
- Step 1: Find the code list (CL3, CL4, CL5, or CL6) for the TV.
- Step 2: Manually switch on the TV and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 3: Press and hold down the “Setup Button” until the red light on the remote control turns on and remains on.
- Step 4: Once the red LED is on, release the “Setup Button.”
- Step 5: Press and release the TV button.
- Step 6: After pressing the TV button, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 7: Next, use the number buttons on the remote to enter the first four digit remote control codes for your device.
- Step 8: Test the device to see if the GE remote is fully functional and that the TV responds properly.
- Step 9: If the remote’s buttons don’t operate the device, return to “Step 3” above and try again using the next code for that device.
GE universal remote Direct Code Entry programming method
What should I do if none of the GE remote codes work with my TCL Roku TV?
If the codes above don’t work with your TCL Roku TV, there’s another method to program your Ge universal remote control with the TV.
It is called the Auto Code search method. Don’t worry, it’s rather simple, and we have explained the step by step process below.
How to Program a General Electric Universal Remote with a TCL Roku TV Without Codes
For those who don’t know the universal remote codes of their TCL Roku TV or who can’t find the right code, the “Auto Code Search” method is practical.
Below are the step-by-step instructions for programming your GE universal remote without knowing its codes.
Programming a GE Universal Remote to a TCL Roku TV without codes using the Auto Code Search method
- Step 1: Manually switch on the TV and turn off any other devices placed near it.
- Step 2: Press and hold the “Setup Button” until the red indicator light turns on.
- Step 3: Once the red indicator light turns on, release the “Setup Button.”
- Step 4: To program a TV, press and release the TV button.
- Step 5: After pressing the button for the device you wish to control, the red light on the remote will blink once and remain on.
- Step 6: Point your remote at the device, then press and release the power button to start the code search.
- Step 7: The red indicator light will start flashing while it searches.
- Step 8: If a compatible code is found, your device will turn off, and the red indicator light on the GE remote control will stop flashing and remain on.
- Step 9: If the red LED indicator stops flashing without your TV turning off, simply repeat the process from “Step 4” above.
- Step 10: Once your device turns off, manually turn it back on.
- Step 11: Point your General Electric universal remote at the device again and press and release the Volume Up Button.
- Step 12: After pressing the “Volume Up Button,” the red indicator light will blink once and remain on.
- Step 13: At this stage, if a compatible code is found, your device should turn off again.
- Step 14: If the device doesn’t turn off after pressing the “Volume Up Button,” simply continue to press and release the volume up button.
- Step 15: Once your device turns off, that means your remote now has the compatible code.
- Step 16: To store this code in your remote, simply press the same device button that you pressed in “Step 4” above. In this example, we will press the TV button since we are programming the remote control with a TV.
- Step 17: Now turn on your device using the GE remote and test all its buttons to make sure your remote is fully functional with this device.
- Step 18: If the GE remote is not fully functional with your device, simply return to “Step 2” to repeat the process and find a better code.
GE universal remote Auto Code Search programming method
How do I find the code for my TCL Roku TV?
You may check the list of codes listed above in this post or visit this link to check more codes if the ones here don’t work.
Why is my GE universal remote not working with my TCL Roku TV?
There are a few reasons why your GE universal remote might not be working with your Sceptre TV.
The remote is not in the correct mode
Make sure that the remote is in the correct mode for your TV. To do this, press and hold the mode button on the remote until the indicator light changes color. The indicator light will flash a different color for each mode.
The remote is not programmed correctly
If you have programmed the remote correctly and it is still not working, try using the auto code search feature as explained above.
The remote is not compatible with your TV
Some GE universal remotes are not compatible with all TVs. If you have tried all of the above and the remote is still not working, it is possible that your remote is not compatible with your TV.
In this case, you will need to purchase a different universal remote that is compatible with your TV.
Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting your GE universal remote:
- Make sure that the batteries in the remote are fresh.
- Try pointing the remote directly at the TV.
- Make sure that there are no obstacles between the remote and the TV.
- Try moving the remote closer to the TV.
- Try changing the batteries in the remote.
- Try programming the remote again.
- If you are still having trouble, contact the GE customer service department for assistance.
- Try resetting the remote.
Consult the manufacturer’s website: If you are still having trouble finding GE universal remote codes for your TCL Roku TV, check the manufacturer’s website for additional support and troubleshooting resources.
In conclusion, the GE universal remote can be effectively used with a TCL Roku TV by following the provided programming instructions.
Whether using direct code entry or the auto code search method, users can establish a connection between the remote and the TV to control various functions.
In case of any difficulties, additional troubleshooting tips are provided, and users can also consult the manufacturer’s website for further support.