In this blog post, we will explore the world of RCA universal remote codes specifically designed for Mitsubishi TVs.
With the help of these codes, you can easily program your RCA universal remote to seamlessly operate your Mitsubishi TV, allowing you to simplify your TV experience and enjoy effortless control over your entertainment setup.
List of RCA universal remote codes for Mitsubishi TV
5 digit V1 codes
- 11250, 10093, 10178, 10150, 11797, 12360
4 digit V4 codes
- 1250, 0093, 0150, 0178, 0836, 1797, 0868, 1550
4 digit V3 codes
- 1029, 1004, 1014, 1017, 1025, 1049, 1078, 1079, 1080, 1110, 1122, 1125, 1205, 1207
4 digit V2 codes
- 1004, 1005, 1006, 1019, 1082, 1089
4 digit V1 codes
- 1004, 1005, 1006, 1019, 1022, 1034, 1051, 1064, 1079, 1080, 1081, 1082, 1125, 1135, 1196
3 digit V3 codes
- 004, 005, 077, 089, 094, 095
3 digit V2 codes
- 006, 011, 014, 019, 022, 027, 041, 055, 056, 061, 068
3 digit V1 codes
- 004, 005, 006, 019, 022, 051, 064, 079, 080, 081, 082, 125, 135, 196
How to program an RCA universal remote with a Mitsubishi TV using Direct Code Entry
This programming method requires entering each code, one at a time, from the code list in the table above.
- Step 1: Visit the table above to see the list of codes for the TV.
- Step 2: Turn on your TV.
- Step 3: Press and hold the TV button (for about 5 seconds) until the power button illuminates. Don’t let go of the TV button.
- Step 4: While still holding the TV button, type the first code for your TV (from the TV codes list below).
- Step 5: The codes can be 2, 3, 4, or 5 digits, depending on the universal remote control version.
- Step 6: Keep holding the TV button and check if the power key is lit.
- Step 7: If the power key stays lit without flashing, that means you have entered the correct code.
- Step 8: In that case, you can release the TV button and start using your RCA remote to test the various control functions of your TV.
- Step 9: Sometimes, not all of the TV functions may work. In that case, you have to reprogram the RCA universal remote with the next code for your TV.
- Step 10: If you entered the wrong code, the power key will blink four times.
- Step 11: If the code you entered was wrong, continue holding the TV button and re-enter another code.
- Step 12: Repeat this process until you find the correct code for your TV that enables all its functions.
How to Program an RCA universal remote: Direct Code Entry
Testing the RCA Code for Maximum Functionality
- Test the key’s functionality again by attempting to control a variety of the device’s functions.
- If the code that has been stored controls the majority of the device’s functions, programming is complete.
- If the code stored does not provide maximum functionality, try another code.
How to program an RCA universal remote with a Mitsubishi TV using Auto Code Search
- Step 1: Turn on your TV.
- Step 2: Point the RCA universal remote control at the TV.
- Step 3: Press and hold the TV button first with one finger.
- Step 4: While still holding the TV button, press and hold the Power button with another finger until the power button lights up.
- Step 5: After the Power button lights up, release both buttons.
- Step 6: Next, press and hold the Play button for about five seconds until your TV turns on.
- Step 7: If your TV doesn’t turn on after five seconds, first release the play button, then press and hold it again for another five seconds.
- Step 8: Release the Play button as soon as your TV turns on.
- Step 9: Now press the rewind button (or reverse button) once every five seconds until your TV turns off.
- Step 10: Once your TV turns off, stop pressing the Rewind button.
- Step 11: Finally, press the Stop button to save the RCA universal remote control settings.
How to Program an RCA universal remote: Auto Code Search
Testing the RCA Auto Search Code for Maximum Functionality
- Try a variety of the device’s functions with the remote. If some device features don’t work, go to the next step to try a different code.
- Repeat the “Auto Code Search” method from the beginning. When your device turns off, do not stop searching. Instead, with the unit now off, continue to press the PLAY key every 5 seconds until the unit turns back on.
- Once the unit turns back on, press the REVERSE key on the remote every 2 seconds until your device turns off again. When your device turns off again, press the STOP key.
- Test the key’s functionality again by attempting to control a variety of the device’s functions. If the code that has been stored controls the majority of the device’s functions, programming is complete. If the code stored does not provide maximum functionality, try another code.
Sometimes, despite following the programming instructions carefully, the RCA universal remote may not work as expected. Here are a few troubleshooting tips to help you resolve common issues:
Double-check the Code:
Ensure that you have entered the correct TV code for your Mitsubishi TV. Mistyping or using the wrong code can prevent the remote from functioning correctly.
Distance and Line of Sight:
Make sure you are within a reasonable distance from the TV and that there are no obstacles blocking the line of sight between the remote and the TV. Interference or obstructions can hinder the remote’s signals.
If the remote is not responding at all, it’s possible that the batteries are drained. Replace the batteries with fresh ones and try programming the remote again.
Reset and Reprogram:
If you have tried multiple codes and none of them work, you can reset the remote to its factory settings and start the programming process from scratch. Refer to the remote’s manual for instructions on how to reset it.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use an RCA universal remote with other TV brands?
Yes, RCA universal remotes are designed to work with various TV brands, including Mitsubishi. You can follow similar steps to find the codes for other TV brands and program your remote accordingly.
What if none of the Mitsubishi TV codes work for my RCA universal remote?
If the provided codes don’t work for your specific Mitsubishi TV model, you can try using the trial-and-error method or contact RCA customer support for assistance.
Can I program my RCA remote to control other devices, such as a DVD player or soundbar?
Absolutely! RCA universal remotes can be programmed to control a wide range of devices, including DVD players, soundbars, gaming consoles, and more.
Refer to the remote’s manual or online resources for the specific codes and programming instructions.
Do I need to reprogram the RCA remote if I replace the batteries?
The programmed codes should remain intact for at least five to ten minutes after the batteries stop working or have been removed, giving you enough time to replace them.
Can I use the RCA universal remote for multiple Mitsubishi TVs in different rooms?
Yes, you can use the same RCA universal remote to control multiple Mitsubishi TVs as long as they are within the remote’s range. However, you may need to program the remote separately for each TV.
In conclusion, programming an RCA universal remote for your Mitsubishi TV is a straightforward process that can enhance your TV experience by providing seamless control.
By following the step-by-step instructions and using the provided codes, you can easily program the remote to operate your Mitsubishi TV.
Whether you choose the Direct Code Entry method or the Auto Code Search method, you have the flexibility to find the right method that enables all the functions of your TV.
In case you encounter any issues, there are troubleshooting tips available to help you resolve common problems.
With an RCA universal remote, you can not only control your Mitsubishi TV but also program it to operate other devices, making it a versatile solution for your entertainment setup.
Disclaimer: As An Amazon Affiliate, We Earn From Qualifying Purchases