Known for its 24-hour disappearing stories, streaks, and filters, Snapchat has revolutionized the way we communicate with our friends and family. But there’s one aspect of the app that remains shrouded in mystery: the elusive Snapchat score. What is it? How is it calculated? And why do some people seem to have scores in the stratosphere?
- What is a Snapchat Score?
- What’s a Snapstreak?
- What does Snapping mean?
- How to check your Snapchat score?
- How to see someone's snap score?
- What does your Snap score say about you?
- What is a Newbie Snap score?
- What’s a Low Snap score?
- What’s an Average Snap score?
- What's a High Snap score?
- What’s a Legendary Snapchat score?
- What’s the highest Snapchat score?
- Who has the highest snap score?
- How can you get a 1 million Snapchat score?
- How to Increase your Snapchat Score
- How many points do you get per snap
- Does your snap score increase with chats?
- Do group chats increase snap score?
- How to lower your Snapchat score?
- Why is my snap score not going up
- Does your snap score increase with stories?
- How is a Snapchat score calculated?
Whether you’re a casual user or a seasoned pro, the Snapchat score is a tantalizing enigma that keeps us all hooked. So, let’s dive into the world of Snapchat scores and uncover the secrets that lie beneath. Get ready for a wild ride!
What is a Snapchat Score?
According to Snapchat support, your Snapchat score is determined by the number of Snaps you have sent and received, the stories you’ve posted, and a couple of other factors. This information is combined using a special equation known only to the Snapchat developers.
What does your Snapchat score indicate?
Your Snapchat score indicates how active you are on Snapchat. Your Snapchat activity is measured by how often you share snaps, receive snaps, view people’s Snap stories, post snap stories, use Snapchat filters etc.
Why does the Snapchat score exist?
Your Snap score is one of the marketing strategies that Snapchat uses to keep you engaged on the platform. Your snap score increases the more you interact with the app’s features.
What’s a Snapstreak?
If you notice the ???? (fire emoji) on Snapchat, it indicates that you and your friend are in a Snapstreak, which means that both of you have exchanged Snaps, not Chats, for more than three consecutive days within a 24-hour period.
The number alongside the fire emoji denotes the number of days you have maintained this Snapstreak with that friend. For instance, if there is an ’10’ displayed next to the fire icon, then you and that friend have Snapchatted (not chatted) back and forth for ten consecutive days.
The number that appears next to the fire emoji indicates the number of days you have maintained this Snapstreak with that friend. For instance, if the number is “10”, it means you and that friend have exchanged Snaps (not Chats) for ten consecutive days.
In order to sustain a Snapstreak, both users must send a snap (not a chat) within 24 hours. If your Snapstreak with a friend is about to end, you will notice an hourglass icon next to their name.
Keep in mind that snaps sent to a group do not count towards your Snapstreaks with individual Snapchatters.
What does Snapping mean?
In the context of Snapchat, “snapping” refers to the act of sending a photo or video message, also known as a “Snap,” to someone on the app. This message can be sent directly to an individual person or to a group of people, and it disappears after being viewed by the recipient(s) unless it’s saved by the sender. So, in short, “snapping” means sending a photo or video message through Snapchat.
How to check your Snapchat score?
Your Snapchat score is always accessible on the Profile screen, right under your name!
To check your Snapchat score, do the following:
- Open the Snapchat application on your smartphone.
- Tap on the bitmoji icon or profile avatar on the top-left corner.
- This will open your Snapchat profile screen.
- Your Snapchat score is displayed next to the tiny ghost icon under your name.
If you tap on the little ghost icon, you will see the following message: “Your Snapchat score increases with each Snap you send and receive.” You will also see a summary of the number of snaps you have sent and received.
How to see someone’s snap score?
Can you check someone’s snap score?
Yes, you can check someone’s Snapchat score if they are in your friends list on Snapchat.
How do I check someone’s Snapchat score?
- Open the Snapchat app
- Tap on your profile avatar (bitmoji) on the top left corner.
- Scroll down and tap on “My Friends” to reveal your friends list.
- Tap on the icon of the friend who’s Snapchat score you would like to check.
- Once their Snapchat profile opens, their snap score will be displayed near the tiny ghost icon below their name.
What does your Snap score say about you?
During my research for this post, I stumbled upon a fascinating article on whsjagwire.com. The article featured individuals with varying Snapchat scores, along with their statements about which of the app’s features they use and how often they use them. With the help of this information, I created a chart that categorizes different levels based on the Snapchat scores.
|Snapchat Score||Snapchat score level|
|0 to 1000||Low snap score|
|1000 to 50000||Average snap score|
|50000 to 200000||High snap score|
|200000 to 700000||Epic snap score|
|700000 and above||Legendary snap score|
What is a Newbie Snap score?
A newbie Snapchat score falls between 0 to 1000
According to the Jagwire, if your snap score falls between zero to 1,000, chances are you’re a new Snapchat user who hasn’t had much opportunity to send or receive Snaps, or post much to your stories yet.
Alternatively, you could be a parent checking up on your child’s Snapchat activity to ensure they’re not sharing anything inappropriate with their friends. In this case, you may be viewed as a cool and relatable parent by your child and their friends.
Sometimes, people with low Snapchat scores may simply be doing some research, or trying out the app to determine if it’s the right social media platform for them. For example, in my case, I installed Snapchat solely for research purposes, with the intention of writing blog posts about its features.
What’s a Low Snap score?
A Low Snapchat score falls between 1000 to 50000
If your Snapchat score is low if it falls between 1000 to 50000. Within this score range, it’s possible that you don’t use the app frequently, and only use it to stay connected with friends or view interesting stories. Generally, you may not use your phone extensively, and you likely have other activities and interests in your life that you may not share on Snapchat.
Kevin Huggan, a Snapchat user with a snap score of 35911, made the following statement, which was featured on Jagwire: “I use Snapchat solely to keep up with my friends, but I don’t use it frequently beyond that.”
What’s an Average Snap score?
An Average Snapchat score falls between 50000 to 200000
For users whose Snapchat score falls between 50,000 to 200,000, their score is considered average, indicating that they probably joined the platform during their middle school years.
Jagwire suggests that the Snapchat activity of users in this score range may contain snapshots of past memories that evoke nostalgia, and they might have numerous ongoing streaks with friends or other users.
Featured on Jagwire, here is a statement from Riya Patel, a Snapchat user with a snap score of 80004. “I usually snap like 20 to 45 people, not that many, but it’s just people I do streaks with.”
What’s a High Snap score?
A high snap score ranges from 200000 to 1000000 points
Having a Snapchat score between 200,000 and 400,000 indicates that you are quite popular and that Snapchat is your preferred social media platform. You may have a significant following on the app and likely post daily updates to your story.
The following statement featured on Jagwire was made by Melina Nguyen, a Snapchat user with a snap score of 307774. “I think the purpose of streaks is to see how much you snap someone every day.”
The following statement was made by Mimi Hoang, a Snapchat user with a snap score of 717243, featured on Jagwire. “I would say I don’t snap a lot of people, only a couple of friends. A snap score being high or low depends on how long you’ve had the app,”
What’s a Legendary Snapchat score?
A legendary snap score starts from 1000000 and above
If your Snapchat score falls between 1000000 or higher, you must be an avid user of the app with a significant following who regularly views your story and sends you snaps.
You are likely well-known among the majority of Snapchat users. Perhaps you have a unique hobby that catches people’s interest, or you have been using the app for an extended period.
What’s the highest Snapchat score?
According to Tuko.co.ke, the highest snap chat score in the world (recorded at the end of 2022) was 320 million.
Who has the highest snap score?
The current highest Snapchat score in February 2023 is 322 million, held by Mustbecris. Below is a list of Snapchat user accounts with the highest snap scores.
Top Accounts with the Highest Snap Score of 2023
- Mustbecris 322 million snap score
- Dion-19 239 million snap score
- Cris-thisguy 134 million snap score
- Michae86l 31.2 million snap score
- Ciqlo 28 million snap score
- Gpierson_20 23 million snap score
- Daydrunks 22 million snap score
- Noah Rittle 15.6 million snap score
- Jade_rush1 13.8 million snap score
- Dailybrayden123 10.2 million snap score
- Sillyblackguy 8.2 million snap score
- Jashanzzz 3 million snap score
- Pateldeep3 2 million snap score
How can you get a 1 million Snapchat score?
Generally, you can get a 1 million snap score by consistently sending and receiving snaps, posting stories, and engaging with other users on Snapchat over a long period of time.
There is no specific formula or trick to getting a high snap score, as it simply reflects the number of snaps you have sent and received.
However, it’s important to use Snapchat responsibly and not just focus on increasing your snap score, as the app is meant to be a fun way to connect with friends and family.
How to Increase your Snapchat Score
If you want a more detailed approach to getting a 1 million Snapchat score, one step at a time, here are a few things you can do:
- Send more snaps to your Snapchat friends: The more snaps you send and receive, the higher your score will be. Try to send snaps to your friends every day.
- Add more friends on Snapchat: The more friends you have on Snapchat, the more options you have to send snaps and the better your chances of increasing your snap score.
- Send snaps to multiple friends: You can send snaps to multiple friends at once, which will earn you more points than sending a snap to just one person.
- Open received snaps more often.
- Take part in snap streaks: Streaks are when you and a friend send snaps to each other on consecutive days. The longer the streak, the more points you’ll earn.
- Share stories on Snapchat: Posting snaps on your story can earn you points, especially if your story is viewed by a large number of people.
- Watch videos in the discover section.
How many points do you get per snap
When you send a snap to one friend, you get 1 point added to your Snapchat score. If you send snaps to multiple friends at the same time, you may earn additional points. For instance, if you send a snap to 10 people, it could result in 10 points added to your score.
Does your snap score increase with chats?
No, your Snapchat score does not increase with chats. Neither do your chats affect or maintain your Snapstreaks with your friends. Only snaps sent and received, as well as stories posted, contribute to your score.
Do group chats increase snap score?
No, sending chats to a group does not increase your Snapchat score. Only sending snaps directly to individual friends or posting stories will increase your score.
How to lower your Snapchat score?
Your Snapchat score will never decrease. As a new user, your score will start from zero until you start using the app. Once you start interacting with the app, your score will increase and keep going up. However, there might be instances where you see a temporary dip in your score, which may happen if you’re using an outdated version of the app. To avoid this, update your app whenever possible.
Why is my snap score not going up
Many people think that Snapchat scores update immediately, but that’s not always the case. Although some users may see their scores change immediately after sending or receiving a snap, it can sometimes take from a few minutes up to a week for them to be updated.
Does your snap score increase with stories?
Whenever you post something on your Snapchat story, your Snapchat score increases. Additionally, you earn points for watching your friends’ stories, and for private stories that you share with your close friends.
How is a Snapchat score calculated?
Snapchat is not forthcoming with exactly how that score gets calculated. They even joke by referring to it as a super secret special equation. However, they have listed a number of factors that count towards improving your snap score. Here’s the list below:
- The number of snaps you’ve sent and received.
- The number of users or friends you’ve added.
- How often you use your Snapchat app.
- Your Snapchat streaks and how long are your snap streaks
- How often your post stories to Snapchat